FPN AskPsy

You are here

Complaints and Appeal

We do advise that you first discuss your situation with the person or body concerned. Often it is possible to resolve the matter together without having to start formal proceedings. Still no success?   The Complaints Service Point (CSP)  can help you. The CSP is the central place within Maastricht University where students can submit an objection, appeal or a formal complaint.


Appeal a decision of the Board of Examiners

Within six weeks after a decision is announced by an examiner or the Board of Examiners a person concerned can file an appeal against this decision with the Complaints Service Point (CSP)  of the UM. The appeal needs to be signed and dated and needs to bear the name and address of the petitioner, as well as the grounds for appeal and, if possible, a copy of the decision against which the appeal is lodged.


Complaints against UM staff or fellow student
A complaint at faculty level may be filed with the Dean of the relevant faculty. S/he is the contact for the faculty complaints committee. A complaint at the University’s central level may be filed verbally to the secretary of the complaints committee, but subsequently has to be filed in writing in order to be handled. Contact the Complaints Service Point (CSP)   for more information.

Related entities

Confidential Advisor
The office of the confidential advisor supports employees and students of Maastricht University who are confronted with unwanted behaviour (sexual harassment, aggression or violence) or unfair treatment and discrimination. The advisor will investigate any problem which has been brought to her attention by an employee or a student. She has the authority to request all information which is reasonably necessary in order to gain a clear insight into the nature and scope of the problem, and will advise you on how to proceed, or intervene on your behalf.  More >>

Counsellor Scientific Integrity

The UM has appointed  prof. dr. F. Palm  as counsellor for questions or complaints concerning scientific integrity. The counsellor will try to mediate in the complaint or otherwise to reach an amicable resolution. If this is not possible, he will guide the complainant to file the complaint to the Committee Scientific Integrity UM.   More >>

Related links

 Complaints and Disciplinary Procedures Regulation of June 2011   [NL]

Complaints service point

Whistleblower regulations

Last modified: Wed, 18/07/2018 - 10:02

You are here