Only for a compulsory core courseCompulsory courses are all courses of the Bachelor programme in Psychology, with the exception of elective courses, skills training, practical trainings or other educational units. These core courses have a maximum of 6 ECTS.
- 'Motivation and Emotion' (PSY3013), 'Complex Cognition' (PSY/IPN2021) and 'Discover Psychology' (PSY1029) are core courses.
- The Research Practical (PSY2027) is a practical, not a core course.
- The Research Participation Obligation is not a core course, but an educational unit.
• You must have obtained at least a grade of 4.5 for one of the previous exams of this course;
• You should have more than 6 months study delay exclusively due to the fact that you still have to pass one failed compulsory course to graduate.
• You must have participated in all exam opportunities for this course, both regular exam(s) and resit(s) in previous and current academic years.
An exception can be made for students who skipped an exam opportunity because of a study plan that was set up together with the academic adviser at FPN and who kept to this study plan. Or because of (proven) personal circumstances (as defined in article 9, sub 1, of the rules and regulations of the EER) that prevented taking the exam/resit.
• You have never made use of this opportunity before.
It's a once-only opportunity.
• You must have passed all other graduation requirements.
For example: being registered as a student, no outstanding tuition fee debts.
If you meet all of the conditions, you can submit a request to the Board of Examiners.
Procedure: write to the Board of Examiners
Send a written request (letter) to the Board of Examiners and include the following information:
- The name and course code
- Did you already contact the Academic Advisers about the third exam option? (only for the exam in October)
- Did you already reregister for the next academic year? (only for the exam in October)
|Extra exam option for courses of period 4, 5 and 6:|
|If you have not discussed this option with the academic advisers yet, we advise you to do so before you apply for this extra exam, preferably before you reregister for the new academic year.|
The extra exam option might not always be the best choice; the academic adviser can discuss this with you. If you choose for the extra exam option, make sure you have a valid registration for the new academic year.
|Request before 6 Sept. 2018 23:59h.|
Exam: 22 - 26 October 2018 (= exam week of period 1)
|Extra exam option for courses of period 1, 2 and 3:|
|You don't have to discuss this extra exam option with the academic advisers. |
|Request before 14 April 2019 23:59h. |
Exam: 3 - 7 June 2019 (= exam week of period 5)
Frequently asked questions
- Do I need to reregister for the next academic year?
If we approve your request, you need to have an active reregistration, including payment of tuition fee, at the moment the exam takes place.
- What happens if I pass this extra exam?
Upon obtaining your last ECTS, the regular graduation procedure applies. You need to terminate your registration. See 'Terminating your studies' >> for more information about reimbursement of the tuition fee. If you graduate in June, July or August then you do not need to deregister.
- If I pass the last exam in October and subsequently graduate for the bachelor’s programme in October, can I start my master’s programme per 1 September of the current year?
No. The first opportunity to start an FPN master’s programme is 1 September of the consecutive academic year since the bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite for admittance. Some master programmes at other faculties / universities may start in other months e.g. per 1 February. Please inform yourself via their websites.
- What if I fail this extra exam option?
If you fail the exam in October you have to stay registered to take the regular and/or resit exam later in the year. It is not possible to de-register after the first exam, and re-register just before the regular exam/resit.
If you fail the exam in June you can register for the next academic year. Make sure you re-register before 25 July. See: Re-registration
- Who books this extra exam?
The Education Office books and schedules this exam. You will be informed about the format, date, time and location in due time.
Keywords: derde toetskans, third exam