Master thesis outline
1. Title page: apart from the title, state your name, ID number, master specialisation, date, location of internship, and the name and affiliation of each supervisor/assessor. Furthermore, provide a total word count (excluding title page, table of contents, reference list, notes and appendices).
2. Table of contents (note that this is unusual for a research article, but given that the master thesis comprises a larger writing assignment, much larger than a typical article, this table of contents is considered useful)
7. Discussion and/or Conclusions
9. Notes (if any) and/or appendices (if any)
Practical thesis requirements
|1-Y MA:||Length requirement:|
around 8000 words excluding title page, references, tables, figures and appendices.
|RM & FM:||Length guideline:|
minimum length of 6.000 words including abstract, tables and in-text references but excluding the list of references. You may use large parts of the research proposal for the introduction and method section of your thesis.
Given that the thesis is supposed to be in the form of a submittable paper, lengthy theses with many appendices etc. are discouraged. Eventually, content and completeness are important.
| MSWord formatting: 1.5 line spacing, font size 12 Times New Roman or 11 pts for Arial, margins of about 2.5 cm all round.|
|The thesis must be written in English, either in British English or in American English.|
|Use APA guidelines for referencing.|
|The thesis must be written individually.|
|File name according to file naming convention >>|
Submitting the thesis
The final version of the master thesis must be submitted in an electronic copy (PDF). You may also provide your supervisors directly with an electronic version of your final thesis.
The electronic version must be sent as an attachment (PDF) to fdp-masterthese maastrichtuniversity.nl and both supervisors in the same email.
This digital copy:
- is required to award credits to your work,
- will be used to check for plagiarism, and
- is archived for future reference.
Please note that the final version of your thesis must be sent in a correct way before the final credits will be awarded. In case the name of your electronically submitted thesis is not correct (i.e., not according to the all important formatting rules), it will be removed and you’ll have to hand in your thesis again.