Last modified: Tue, 08/06/2021 - 11:17
It is possible to reserve rooms for education-related activities, also during exam weeks.
No FPN/FHML reservation-free, walk-in 'quiet study rooms' during exam weekDuring exam weeks, we used to designate rooms to be used without a reservation. This is now on hold, instead you can book these room.
Student room reservations rules:
- Reservations are made via Resource Booker and must be in accordance with the maximum occupancy per room
- At the time of booking, the person making the reservation must provide the student numbers of all attendees (to be used for eventual COVID-19 contact tracing purposes, or in the event of rule violations)
- Reservations are restricted to max. 2 hours, in practice this means that meetings are limited to one hour and 45 minutes. The last 15 minutes should be used to ventilate the room and leave.
- Between bookings, rooms must be ventilated for at least 15 minutes (windows and doors opened)
- Rooms may be used for education-related purposes only
- Social distancing (1.5-metre rule) must be observed – chairs remain 1.5 metres apart, those in attendance should restrict their movements
- Upon leaving the room, the attendees are required to leave the windows and doors open (for ventilation purposes)
- Upon leaving, the attendees are required to clean their table and chair with the provided cleaning wipes
- Corona stewards will check that the rules detailed here are being obeyed while the room is in use
- If these rules are not adhered to all attendees must leave the room immediately
- The rules detailed here will be communicated to students in advance
Enforcement (instructions for stewards and building management)
- If a rule violation is observed (for example, failure to maintain adequate distance), the steward will issue a warning to the occupants that any further violations will be reported to building management, and that this will result in their removal from the building and/or a temporary ban on entry to the building
- Having issued a warning, the steward will perform a follow-up check to ensure that the occupants are complying with the rules
- If a second violation is observed the steward will report this to the building manager or the director of the faculty. They will in turn will impose a ban on those involved, revoking their right of entry to the UM building in question and/or all UM buildings. This can be effected by (for example) placing a temporary block on the UM cards of those involved.