More than a quarter of UM students spend a period abroad as part of their studies, which is a higher proportion than at any other university in the Netherlands. This is an excellent way for students to immerse themselves in other cultures and become more familiar with other languages.
Why study abroad?
• Time abroad will enable you to discover how your chosen field of study is regarded in other countries.
• You will be exposed to different ways of thinking and living, giving you a fresh perspective on your own thinking and way of life.
• Many employers highly value a period abroad, which will increase your employability and job prospects.
Scholarships are available for students who wish to study abroad.
Requirements for electives abroad
• You should have passed all first-year courses and all second-year courses of periods 1, 2 and 3;
• You have fulfilled the Experimental Obligation (“proefpersoonverplichting”);
• The elective should be at the level of second-year bachelor or higher;
• The content should not (considerably) overlap with mandatory courses of the FPN bachelor program;
• The content should be related to the objectives of the FPN bachelor program;
• The electives must be approved by the FPN Board of Examiners.
Language Courses as elective (as part of elective abroad)
If you would like to do a language course as part of your Electives Program you also need to obtain approval from the FPN Board of Examiners
• The language course is at an academic level;
• You will take other elective courses in the same language (not applicable to courses in English);
• You will obtain at least 12 ECTS for other elective courses in the same language;
• A maximum of 6 ECTS can be granted for a language course.
For more information, visit www.askpsy.nl/iro