What you should know about resits
- You need to book your resits during the appropriate exam registration booking window*.
- Booked resits will be added to the timetable directly after the Exam Registration window closes.
- See the exam schedule for the exact dates and times of all exams and resits.
- You cannot resit any exams that you have passed.
- The highest mark out of your attempts counts as your mark.
- If you do not pass the attendance requirement for a course, any exam grade will not be valid.
- Destinctions, for example Cum Laude or Summa Cum Laude, may require that you passed at once (no resits for a course). Consult the EER of your programme.
*unless you started your programme before 2015-2016, in which case all resits are booked for you.
Two exam (resit) opportunities per year
For every course the faculty offers two exam opportunites per academic year. Students who fail the initial exam can take the resit later that year. If you fail both the initial exam and the resit, the next chance to resit the exam will be the first exam of the next academic year.
|Exam moment||When to book||How to book|
|Resit later in the year||During the short exam registration periods.|
|During the long course registration period.|
Select 'Takes exam only' during booking.
|If you did not use the 'Takes exam only' option, you can also register the exam in the exam registration period.||Either via the student portal|
Related linksCourse booking