Some students postpone their thesis, either planned or unplanned. Under certain conditions, you can make use of an additional thesis submission on 10 December 2021, before 13:00hrs. If you pass, you will retroactively graduate on 31 December 2021.
Conditions• You have a maximum of 3 outstanding program elements. That's anything with a PSY or IPN-code, including the thesis.
• Your outstanding courses, if any, are courses taught in period 1 or 2.
• You prove that, time wise, you are able to pass the outstanding elements before 31 December of the same year.
How to prove that you are able to pass before 31 December
• For the outstanding period 1 courses: you have booked the course + exam, exam (preferably with Repeat Education) or resit.
• For the outstanding period 2 courses: you have booked the course + exam or exam (preferably with Repeat Education).
Procedure: write to the Board of ExaminersSend an AskPsy message to the Board of Examiners and include the following:
- That you wish to use the extra thesis submission of 10 December 2021;
- Name of your supervisor;
- Submission date of the first version. Or the future submission date, as agreed upon with your supervisor;
- Submission dates + results of the final version and/or resit thesis and
- List of your outstanding courses and a screenshot that shows that you booked them.
We will send a copy of your request to the academic advisers. They are able to give you more information about the implications of using this option, such as tuition fees.
Frequently asked questions
Can I uses this option if I am a MaRBLe student?
Can I use this option if I did not yet hand in a first version of the thesis?
Yes, but only if you and your supervisor have agreed upon a date for handing in the first version.
Can I use this option if I did not yet hand in a final version of the thesis?
Yes, but only if you already submitted a first version. Or if you and your supervisor have agreed upon a date for handing in the first version.
Can I use this option if I missed the July thesis 'resit' hand in moment?
Can I use this option if I failed the July thesis 'resit' (resit graded with 6 or lower)?
Can I submit my thesis as soon as it is ready, so before 10 December 2021?
No. You can upload between 3 and 10 December 2021 via DorsWebApp.
Do I need to reregister for the next academic year?
Yes. Reregister via Studielink. Contact the academic advisers, they can give you more information about the implications of using this option, such as tuition fees.
When do I end my registration?
As soon as you hand in your final (=last) assignment/thesis or sit your final (=last) exam. Submit this request via Studielink, selecting 'Deregistration because of Graduation' as the reason. Maastricht University will now monitor your progress and end your enrollment when you graduate. Forgetting do de-register may have consequences for the tuition fees you are required to pay.
Submitting a request to de-register does not automatically stop your study financing and student travel card. See UM website > Terminating your studies
What if I use this option and the result is insufficient (thesis graded 6 or less)?
Should you fail, the next option is the regular deadline in April. Your registration continues until you graduate if you selected 'Deregistration because of Graduation'. See the previous question.
What if I have more than 3 outstanding program elements?
Unfortunately that means that you do not match the conditions of this extra submission option. The deadlines of the current academic year apply to you, with the final version to be submitted in April. Contact the academic advisers for more information.
Can I combine the 'Extra thesis submission option' with the 'Extra Exam option'?